In a fast and furious world.. what you need is foundation. Bedrock Communications....

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Announcing DJ Grandpa's Crib Season 2




Help Kickstarter Projects Reach more Backers during Season Two of DJ Grandpa’s Crib!


Hi, it’s me DJ Grandpa.  Join me on a new adventure. On November 25, 2013, I will launch my very own Kickstarter to raise money for DJ Grandpa’s Crib Season 2.  I’m excited AND terrified.

As you probably know, I’ve been producing DJ Grandpa’s Crib for the past twelve months. I’ve had the incredible honor of interviewing nearly 350 project creators.  Meeting them, hearing their stories, and helping raise money for Kickstarter projects has been one of the coolest things I’ve ever done. I want to continue bringing the podcast to listeners for as long as I can because I truly believe in crowdfunding and the Kickstarter community.

Most importantly, I want to continue offering all of my services for free.  I can no longer do that without operating capital. I need to hire a few part-time people to help with podcast production and social media.  Each week, I receive far more email inquiries from project creators than I can possibly answer. The demands of social media are huge, and I’m barely managing the basics. The tasks of scheduling interviews, recording interviews, editing interviews, and producing the show are overwhelming.  Right now, I have a ragtag fugitive fleet of interns who cut tape for me each week, but I pay them out of pocket. I can’t keep doing that—I need HELP--and that’s why I created a Kickstarter for Season 2.

Here are some of the ways DJ Grandpa’s Crib will use the money we raise during our campaign:

*We’ll start paying the interns (tape cutters) who have worked mostly for free over the past year.

*We’ll hire a part-time employee(s) to handle social media, list generation, and scheduling.

*DJ Grandpa’s Crib will provide MORE support to the project creators to help them raise money more efficiently. We will launch our YouTube and Vimeo channels which will bring DJ Grandpa’s Crib and its featured projects to a larger audience. We’ll begin sharing the podcast on Sound Cloud, another valuable site.  With the help of our part-time employee, we’ll build relationships with bloggers and media outlets.

*We’ll provide a list generation service to project creators that will include the most likely sources for them to raise money for their projects.

*When our Kickstarter is successful, I will move Dj Grandpa’s Crib out of my family’s home and into an office, so that my children can return to their normal homeschooling routine.  Right now, they have to stop everything and be quiet while I record interviews. They’ve been awesome sports, but we’ve all reached our limit.

Please join me for Season 2 of DJ Grandpa’s Crib and help me spread the word.  If you know of any lists, groups or communities that I should concentrate on, please let me know.

Our Kickstarter will begin on November 25th and end on December 28th, 2013.

Here are a few ways we’d love for you to help:

*Record a short video testimonial.  (Let us know if you’re interested, and we can set it up.)  This can be recorded easily over iphone, ipad, smartphone or skype, google hangout, or even over Facebook. For singers and musicians, you can sing us a short song—DJ Grandpa loves music.

*Write a testimonial or a shout-out to the crib during our campaign. Blogposts are greatly appreciated. Honest reviews also—tell us what you love and hate about the show.

*Write a testimonial or a recommendation on our testimonials page: http://bedrockcommunications.blogspot.com/p/recommendations.html

*We love retweets and facebook shares. The more you share, the more you care.

*Like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-Grandpas-Crib/246212238766289 and follow us on Twitter @djgrandpascrib


Before our campaign starts, I will send you the url for our campaign so that you can be the first to see it and critique it.  All feedback is welcome.  Let us know what we have right. And what we have wrong.

Thank you for being a part of our creative journey!  I’m excited to share this next stage with you!

Hold fast,
DJ Grandpa..
www.djgrandpa.com
djg@djgrandpa.com
Phone (703) 239-3148 United States / Eastern Time Zone.
My Skype handle: djgrandpas.crib

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for the feedback.. hold fast.. The Podcast President.